- A window installer will remove the broken window, place the new window, clean the premise and get rid of the old window. Additionally, he will also clean the new window. Generally, the estimate is given by the united inches which is calculated by adding the length of the window with the width. So a 30 by 45 inches window gives us 30+45= 75 united inches. One should also know the different types of windows to understand this better.
- While vinyl windows are the least expensive windows, there are other materials used for Windows, including wood, fibreglass, aluminium and steel. You can find lots of different shapes and sizes of windows which give your home the look and feel you want.
- Heard of energy efficient windows? Many governing bodies define energy efficient windows and you can find detailed comparison of these windows online. Energy rating stars define how good and energy efficient your window is, with 5 stars being the highest rating. It also depends on the climate of your area. Depending on the sun and weather exposure, different walls of your home might need different windows for most energy savings. We take all these into account while suggesting and doing Windows replacement in Essex, an area which we know like the back of our palm.
There can be some additional costs of windows replacement.
- Make sure that the estimate includes disposing the old window.
- If the existing window is not of standard size, the cost will go up as you either need to enlarge the existing place to fit a standard sized window or buy a specially made window. This can often double the cost.
- If the window has dry rot damages, it should be repaired before the new window is placed into that. The cost depends on the degree of the existing damage.